Wednesday, July 6, 2011

TRIBUTE TO A FRIEND



A tribute to a friend

Call it a flash of a moment
A moment of wondering
A moment of knowing
Who do you call a friend?

She is the most unlikely of friends
We connected only after a few years of letters
We all have our walls
Walls we choose to keep us safe

And yet when we finally find a common door
Not made by hands
We find in each other
A certain depth, a certain warmth

She has beautiful eyes
The windows to a gracious soul
All wrapped up in an exterior
An exterior forged by experiences

I wonder why I am thinking of her
I wonder why I am missing her so
Maybe we are alike and yet so different
Maybe we are so near and yet so far away

I wish her all the treasures of the earth
I wish her all the beauty of the heavens
I wish her all the kindness of people
That is what you wish upon a friend

No comments:

Post a Comment