Sunday, January 10, 2021

YOU WRITE MY STORY


I am surrounded by icy winds and frosty air. Water in the bucket has turned to ice. The doors of my greenhouse are frosted and 'glued' together. Hachi runs around and enjoys rolling on the frost bitten grass. A different season indeed but there is so much beauty and quiet this time of the year. It takes going through Winter to appreciate Spring.

So I retreat into the comfort of the warm fireplace, do a bit of quilting and listen to my favourite songs on spotify . The songs evoke a gamut of memories and emotions which then leads me to write.

I start the year with prayer and fasting. That 2021 is surrendered to God.  Forgiveness and trust. Fears and promises. People I care for. Things unseen, situations hoped for. Letting go. Most of all for protection and safety.

When I think back of my childhood, my teenage years, my adult life and my now. I feel that I've been travelling on Life's journey for sometime now. Will I go back and start from the beginning again if given the chance? Will I live any differently?

No. 

I wish I could have avoided the trappings. I wish I could have avoided the pitfalls. I wish I could have avoided the mistakes and the pain. But if I did, I would not have learnt, what it is to be human, to be kinder and to be more sympathetic to others who might have experienced what I had gone through.  I would not have learnt how to walk in someone's shoes, how to care, how to have empathy, how to hold my tongue, how to speak out, how to battle prejudices and how to encourage. My husband and children are proud of me. My friends share their hearts with me. I am very blessed indeed.




I see the daffodils trying to push through the snow. There is life yet. And I am thankful for the 355 days ahead. For new milestones and wise choices and decisions. For miracles and answered prayers. For family and friends and for acquaintances who have yet to become friends. 

Every milestone. Every experience. By design or by choice. 

YOU write my story. 



No comments:

Post a Comment